Pacific Life Bible College meets the qualifications for provincial and federal student loans for Canadian students, as well as Title IV funding for US students. However, because we are committed to training up church leaders, we strongly advise you to remain debt-free. Below is information regarding some financial options for our students.
PLBC Scholarships and Bursaries
A limited number of scholarships and bursaries are available to new and returning students. The Scholarship Committee meets one month prior to each semester to award special scholarships to full-time students on the basis of their Christian character, academic ability, leadership potential and financial need. Click HERE to download our standard bursary application form, or click HERE to download the church partnership bursary application form.
BC Financial Aid
- Go to the StudentAid BC page: https://studentaidbc.ca/ and click “Login / Register to Apply” button. General information about how to apply for StudentAid can be found at: https://studentaidbc.ca/apply/how-to-apply
- Login or click “Register” if you are applying for the first time. If you have never applied for student aid before, you will need to create an account. Otherwise you can log in.
- Fill out the application. Follow the prompts to get to the application and answer all of the questions. You must answer questions about your school, program and your financial situation. The start and end dates for the year must be correct or you will not receive funding. These dates are September 9, 2015 – April 18, 2016 for all programs EXCEPT the counseling program, which is September 9, 2015 – September 2, 2016.
- If you are living with your parents or are married, your parents or spouse must also include their financial information. If they go to the same application page and click “Parent” or “Spouse,” they will create their own username and password so that they can log in and fill out their information as well.
- After this, PLBC will receive a notification to fill out an Appendix 3 for you. You will be notified once this is done.
- Print and sign your declaration page. Once you have completed your application, you must print and sign a declaration page stating that you have made no false statements on your application. You must mail your signed declaration to StudentAid BC. StudentAid BC P.O. Box 9173 Stn Prov Govt Victoria BC V8W 9H7 1-800-561-1818 studentaidbc.ca
- Once your loan is processed, you will receive loan documents in the mail. These need to be filled out and brought to a post office that processes student loans (http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/tools/canada_post/). Along with the documents you will need to submit a void cheque.
Passport to Education
This scholarship for B.C. high school students, who attain marks in the top 30 percent of their class, is applicable to Pacific Life.
Canada Student Loans
Students at PLBC may qualify for loan programs. The process is different for each province, and you can the specific information online.
Deferred Payment Plan
The Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) is designed to allow students to break up their tuition and fees into three payments each semester. Students enrolled in 6 credits or less are not eligible for the Deferred Payment Plan. Please note that
a documentation fee applies (see Tuition and Fees). A minimum deposit of $1000 is required by the payment deadline. If the student is in college housing, the minimum deposit is $2000.
The balance owing will be divided into two equal payments, due by 4:00 pm of the last working day of the next two months. A $50 late payment charge will be assessed in the event payment is not made by 4:00 pm on these due dates. Pacific Life Bible College will issue a monthly statement disclosing your account balance until the account balance is paid in full. You may prepay your balance owing without penalty.
US Federal Aid – Title IV
PLBC is a recognized institution for US Federal Aid – Title IV. Go to www.studentloans.gov to find out more and apply. PLBC’s school code for the FAFSA is G38463.
USA Veterans Aid
PLBC is a recognized institution for United States Veterans receiving scholarships.